Thursday, August 1, 2019

Finally Hit Triple Digits

This has been one of the mildest Summers ever.  I don't remember one being so mild.  Things are still green since we have had good rain and little heat.  I watered the yard for the first time last week.  I usually have to do that starting late April or early May.  Last week we had a 'cold front' come through.  It got into the low 60's in the early morning a couple days and didn't even reach 90.  This is South Texas and this never happens in the Summer.  Yesterday we finally hit triple digits as the 'official' temp.  Although it was only 96 at home.  It is a blessing we have been enjoying.  I'll take this type summer every time.

Mom is getting a better handle on how things are going with Dad and his Hospice care.  She is going to hire an additional person she knows to help when they are not there, and my Brother and I will take up the slack.  I am hoping this works for her and eases her worries.  Dad has told her to just put him in the VA facility and be done with it.  She won't let herself go that route.

Things are returning to somewhat normal this week.  A lot of errands the past two days.  We will be dog sitting my Sons Border/Aussie mix this weekend while he participates in another show somewhere.  I tried to get him to leave the Granddaughter with us and he take the dog, but he didn't like that idea.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, this has been an 'odd' summer... enjoy the dog, and glad things are sorting out!