Tuesday, August 20, 2019

What Day Is This?

It's the truth these last few weeks.  I can't really remember what actual day it is most days.  I have asked 'K' several times in one day.  I need a calendar that just tells me the the day instead of the date.  Well, I would need to know that too but the day is the key for me.  

Part of the problem is we have so many things coming up this week and next and more are added everyday.  Once we get through next week hopefully things will slow down some and we can get closer to normal, if there is such a thing.

I got the call from the mechanic that the compressor he ordered arrived and I could bring the car anytime.  I took it over yesterday evening.  Wouldn't you know it, as I started the car the check engine light stayed on.  He noticed it right away and will run the codes and see what it was.  He say he should be finished sometime Wednesday.  I guess that depends on whether he sees anything else that needs to be done or whether the codes are significant enough to address.  I think it's that same thing that happened a few months ago.  The Honda folks wanted to replace the catalytic converter for near 2K$.  I just took it home and reset the fuse and it has been fine since.  There is no drop off in performance.  I think the throttle body needs a good cleaning though.  That can cause the trouble light and there had been some slower idle than usual.  Might as well consider getting him to fix it now while he's got it.  

'K' started her PT Monday.  It went really well.  No real pain, but being off her feet for 8 weeks has taken it's toll.  She got very tired and weak before they finished.  It will take a while to get her strength back.  They sent her to a shoe store they use themselves to get the proper shoes to protect that Achilles tendon.  They say it is very susceptible to rupture right now.  So we will do everything they say and be extra careful.  We walked out of the shoe store 200$ poorer.  Yikes!  Well, if they help I guess it's worth it, but insurance ain't covering that.

Thursday is Mom's 87th birthday.  We will join my brother and take her out for lunch.  We will take my Granddaughter along too.  It will be strange leaving Dad at home with someone else.  

I found out an old coworker I have high regard for is retiring the last of this month.  I gave him a call just to chat a little.  I offered apologies that I can't make it due to 'K's' surgery and I can't even meet him for lunch before then.  He agreed to me after he retires and that will be good.  It's the best I can do right now.

Happy Trails



No comments: