Saturday, August 17, 2019

Saturday

K is back home after spending most of Thursday and Friday at my parents.  It seems to have done a world of good for my Mom.  K is such a blessing to her, and my Dad.  She has a very calming effect on them.  Friday when I went to get her, Dad looked better and seemed more lucid.  Thursday wasn't that good.  He is now refusing to get out of bed, taking his meds, or eating and drinking.  Although 'K' got him to swallow a few bites.  The hospice folks won't/can't give a timeline, but they have stopped taking his vitals.  The only thing now is to make him as comfortable as possible.  We will do whatever he requests, if he does.  That will be hard for Mom.  She has a tendency to 'know' what he wants/needs, I can see her frustration when he has a request that makes no sense to her.  I just keep my mouth shut.  

K most likely will be back over there to spend the night next week.  I told her to stay as much as she feels she can and not worry about being home, not to make concessions for me.  She can get me more info than I get from any other source/method.  You may wonder why it is not me staying.  That is a very long story, but in short, K is better at this sort of thing, has much more patience and her relationship with my Mom is incredible.  I have never seen or heard of a Daughter-in-law/Mother-in-law relationship like theirs.  I am blessed more than I deserve.

K has surgery scheduled for the 29th.  Fortunately it is outpatient.  Unfortunately they will have to put her under.   Anesthesia messes with her.  It causes her to lose hair.  Ladies have an issue with losing hair so that is stress added.  She just had the other surgery and now this.  She may not have any if this keeps up.  That is probably the only area I don't tease her.  There will also be several other related appointments that week.  It will be a very busy and trying time on top of everything else.  We may not be able to help at Mom and Dad's at all.  Posting will most likely be even lighter.  But sometimes this is cathartic. 

It's hot here.  Very hot, with no relief in sight.  All in all it has been a very mild summer.  But the past two weeks and next has made up for it.  My lawn is getting very crunchy, that that hasn't turned brown.  I haven't watered a lot but the water bill has tripled.  The rest of this billing cycle will be even worse.  All I can do is try to keep it alive since the bills get into the triple digits.  My garden is gone, much quicker than other years.  Strange year all around.  I know it's early but I pray for a better year next year.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That she is willing to help is a Godsend! And she's obviously a great partner/helpmate for you and yours. You are truly blessed in that. My lawn is deader than a doornail... sigh