Thursday, June 28, 2018

Printer Messed Up

While I was looking through the old photo scrapbook of my Grandfather's Army adventures along the Texas border with Mexico a couple posts back, I found another old photo I thought was very interesting.   I was going to scan it along with at least one more to use in another post.  However, my printer/scanner is giving me an error message and I can't fix it.  There are various error messages in the handbook, but not this one.  The manufacturers website offers some fixes that I have tried but nothing works...so far.  I have sent them an email and hopefully they will respond in a few days.  I suspect though, that since it is out of warranty for many years now, they will want me to take it to a repair shop.  Just thinking ahead, this thing is 10 years old and I don't think I should put any money into it for repairs when it would cost less to just get a new one.  WE don't need anything that is fancy or has a lot of bells and whistles.  So if we don't get help from the manufacturer, I have already picked out another.

As a teaser, the photo I came across involves my family and the Alamo.  No, none of my family was involved in the 1836 battle.  this would have been in the very early 1900's, maybe 1909ish.  Since I love the Alamo I thought it was extremely cool, others may not think so, that's OK too.  

I hope I get this printer issue worked out soon so I can get that photo scanned.

We have been pretty busy running around and visiting sick folks and my parents etc, just life things that seem to take up a lot of time.  I don't feel I have had a lot of free time of late but I can't really list anything significant to talk about.

I did sit in on an online class for leather work and how to obtain a new dying technique I am wanting to try out.  I have done this several times and I always learn a few things I didn't know and am able to incorporate that into my work.  It is a pretty cheap and easy way to learn from the masters and enhance my skill.  It allows me to learn something new without driving hundreds or thousand of miles to the big shows where they have classes for some of the same things.  These are usually specialized techniques that don't usually get taught anywhere.  It is something a particular leather worker has perfected on his own and then shares it with those that may want to try it or a variation of it.  For 25$ for one hour, I think it is a bargain.

Happy Trails

No comments: