Monday, June 4, 2018

Jumbled

My mind is a jumbled mess.  I can't seem to get my thoughts sorted out into an intelligible process.  I mentioned a while back about having an emotional weekend and how it involved loved ones.  There was more of the same this weekend.  The only difference was it was unexpected.  I took it like a kick in the gut.  My mind has been running way to fast than I am used to.  Consequently I zone out a lot.  So I am not even sure how this particular post will turn out.  

Satan is real.  He is at work everyday in our lives.  Some people will even blame their actions on him, trying to avoid responsibility for the things they have done.  Yet, we have the ability to choose.  Whether to fall for his lies and succumb to temptation or to choose to walk away or keep your mouth shut.  Gossip and outright lies have and continue to be more hurtful than most anything.  The scars run deep and can last forever.  Even when forgiven, those things can still linger resulting in lack of trust.  Physical scars can last too and be damaging long term.  But I submit the emotional and psychological damage is much worse than the physical in almost every instance.  This sort of thing damages more than the person it is directed at.  There is a huge amount of collateral damage if you will.  Loved ones get involved and they get hit in the fall out.  One event can get out of control due to the way people perceive things and then the tongues start to wag looking for sympathy or, unfortunately, to get pay back.  Satan knows the tongue is his strongest weapon.  It is easy for us to 'talk' about things or others.  It can start out as information sharing and turn to something much uglier.  Lives can be changed/destroyed with a few careless words.  Those that take this path will have to answer ultimately for their actions.

Sorry for the mini sermon-this helps get my mind sorted.

There is some great news too.  I am not allowed to say exactly what it is at this moment.  It will be kept under wraps for the time being.  Unfortunately this comes at the same time as all the garbage and it detracts from this great news.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hang in there, and put your trust in him.