Friday, May 19, 2017

MIA

Yes, I know I have been missing in action around here lately.  There has just been nothing worthy to write/talk about.  The country is even more nuts and the snowflakes are out in force.  I hate seeing all the monuments and statues under attack.  They have momentum and now the courts that had given protection previously have now gone against.  They are taking advantage of the momentum in spades.
this is just the beginning.  

I haven't finished with the power washing.  Not even close.  I only worked on it about an hour this week.  Not only am I not motivated, a very young fawn has taken up residence in our flower bed against the house.  It is where I hook up the hose to the power washer.  It is there almost all day.  I hesitate to be out there and keep the Mom/doe away from her feedings.  At least that's what I tell myself to avoid the tedium of the power washing.  I am only about a 1/4 finished.  Now that the heat and humidity have returned, it may take me even longer than I had hoped.  It is also making my outdoor exercise tougher.  It makes my legs feel like they have lead in them.

The AC service guy came out Thursday for a performance check.  It is part of a 'warranty' I purchased when we got the AC.  It is costly, but we have had them out several times with issues and it has paid for itself.  It is the only warranty that I have ever come out ahead on.

Saturday we are having a "going away" party for the young boy, His Mom and Sister I have made the multitool scabbard for.  I had hoped to take him to lunch before this.  But he has been sick almost all week and is still not quite over it.  

Kim has been going over to Mom's and trying to help her get things sorted out prior to her surgery.
Mom feels a need to get various things done much like I did before my surgery.  She has even tagged certain items she wants to give to certain family members, just in case.  I have never seen her so stressed about surgery before.  This doctor impressed upon her just how serious it is.  I pray for her constantly.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

The BLM and their Quisling supporters have done a lot of damage. New Orleans is a particularly disgusting example. I'm hoping a big Cat 4 will hit that place and drown the whole sorry bunch of them.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for your mother. And 'some' exercise is good. Just don't overdo it with the heat/humidity...