Thursday, April 7, 2022

Weather, Final Surgery and OOPs

Woke up to very cool weather, 53 this morning and in the 40's elsewhere.  Not that unusual other then having temps at 95 earlier in the week.  And the wind, oh the wind.  I don't recall so much wind in past Springs.  Not just calm winds but 35-40 mph winds all day long for days.  

I did manage to get the yard cut Monday.  I needed to get it done before Tuesday or it would have to wait longer than I would have liked.  Tuesday was the final surgery for my cataracts.  That makes it impossible to do yard work or much of anything.  I can't even bend over to put on shoes.  It puts too much pressure on the new work/lens and you sure don't want to get any dirt in it from mowing.  I guess you could pop that thing right across the room if you strained too hard.  I fell down the stairs coming out of the doctor's office but it didn't seem to dislodge anything.  Just 3-4 steps due to not paying attention.  Changing from one pair of glasses to my sunglasses and oops.  Just a few strained muscles and sore spots and a bruised ego.  This eye is taking a little longer to recover from the trauma of surgery, but I can see it happening slowly.  But glad it's finally over.  One more follow up check next Thursday.

'K' has headed over to  pick up the youngest granddaughter.  It's been a couple weeks since she has been here and we are missing that.  It will make my 'taking it easy' much easier to tolerate.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good news! And yes, don't strain!!!