Monday, April 25, 2022

Honey Do List

I seem to be hitting the Honey Do list pretty hard lately.  Nothing serious, just minor things all week.  Sunday is usually pretty quiet and subdued and I rarely do much after we get home from church.  But yesterday was different.  The coming rain they predicted (and we are still waiting Monday afternoon) was going to be significant.  With all the wind we have been having the tassels from the oak trees have proceeded to cover all my previous work.  This included the roof valleys on the house and the gutter leaf guards.  They were both completely covered.  So I had to do one of the things I detest doing, climbing up on the roof.  It's not being on the roof, it's the actual climbing up there that's the problem.  I have an 8' ladder that is just short of being tall enough.  It's not good for my wobbly self to do that much anymore.  'K' saying she would get up there was enough incentive.  She is much less nimble than I am so I don't know if it was a mind game or she thinks I'm more feeble than I do.  She doesn't do mind games so....  A lot of mine is just being lazy.  But I got the roof swept off and the gutters cleared for the coming storms.  'K' proceeded to pick up a lot of the stuff I swept off.  Three bags full along with some extra from the flower bed.  

This morning after Snickers walk I felt the need to cut some unruly spots in the yard before they got the promised rain.  Got that done.  Our breakfast room table is a round table on a pedestal.  It has an annoying wobble.  That turned out bigger than I had thought.  Got that done.  Then a toilet that has a slow leak that causes it to refill ever so often.  I had a repair kit on hand and that went pretty smooth.  I just hope it works better than the last one.  

There was one more thing I did last week but I will get to that later in the week.  It may help with something y'all have dealt with.

Now I'm going to go sit in front of the TV and read and wait for the rain.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Progress, however small is STILL progress!