Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Weather, Eye Status, Garden, Mom and Recession or Depression

Had trouble coming up with a catchy title.  Just too much running through my head as you will see.

Gray and humid here Monday.  That is an exact opposite of last week, sunny, dry and cool.  Haven't done much this past week other than watering all the new plants and the garden.  Monday I got back out walking again.  I am at the point where I can get back to normal activity after my eye surgery.  'K' has been on me about doing too much.  I not even supposed to bend over.  I forget that one easily with putting on shoes.  She hasn't let me drive at all which has been a struggle for me.  Today that ends.  I return for a check up on the eye surgery Thursday.  Not sure what happens after that as far as getting OK'ed for removing the restrictions on my driver license and getting a prescription for readers.  It may be a few weeks later so that both eyes have completely healed and all swelling is gone.  Don't want a new pair of glasses based on a swollen eye.

I hope to finish up the painting of the house I started a couple years ago.  The hardest and biggest part is done.  The worst part left is the high peaks of the roof with the trim that most certainly needs paint.  It's high.  I have to do it on a high ladder.  Did I mention it is high?  Ugh.  

The garden is coming along pretty well.  It seemed to take off overnight.  We had a very small shower and some lightning/thunder.  That always seems to make it grow faster.  Lightning releases nitrogen and that makes for good fertilizer for fast growth.  I assume the rain has that also.  

Carrots finally sprouting


Potatoes


Tomatoes and onions on the right if you look close



It's time to prune the tomato plants and get rid of the suckers.  You can see I had to add a fence.  Snickers thinks that nice new dirt is meant for him to dig in.  

'K' off to Mom's to help her with some yard work and try to alleviate her worry about her dog.  The vet told her she ahs about 2 months to live.  He thinks she has kidney failure.  This is a huge blow to her.  I worry about how she will handle it.  So far it is not so good, it's about all she talks about.  This dog is her constant companion. 

If you haven't already started prepping, you might want to think again.  The sources I read say a recession is coming undoubtedly, others say it is here.  Some even say a full blown depression is coming.  I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to start saving now either way.

Happy trails


Happy Trails

No comments: