Wednesday, June 17, 2020

It's Always Something Else

Finally got the repairman to come out and take a look at the fridge this past Monday.  I had attempted replacing one of the water lines that had sprung a hole and would spray water every time the ice maker would fill or use the water dispenser in the door.  Fairly easy except for having to get the old bones down on the ground to install one end of it.  Well I couldn't get it in far enough to stop it from leaking at the fitting.  So the expert takes a look and can tell right away there is something wrong with the part that the hose fit in to and that is why it won't stop leaking.  Now we are waiting on that part that they had trouble finding.  It is coming from Indianapolis.  They will call when it comes in.  So my simple repair will be come somewhat more expensive.  SMH.

I  did get the garage straightened up anyway and got the old fridge hauled off.  I found a guy I have used a few times now to haul off old appliances/BBQ Pits and he charges nothing.  I give him a 20$ for gas anyway, but he even refused that one time.  He and I really hit it off and we stood around and flapped our jaws for an hour.  That's practically unheard of for me.  When he showed up the first thing he said was that, "I see you more than I do my own relatives."  I told him that I probably treated him better.  We are both the same age and have practically identical outlooks.  That's rare.  I consider him a friend.  Just an all around great guy.

I have been making a few touch up repairs to spots on the siding.  I need to make some more and get some matching paint to cover those up.  Shopping and comparing paints and reviews of paint has occupied some time.  I will go with another brand than I have used in the past.  It seems the one I have decide on gives a lifetime guarantee if applied to a properly prepared surface.  Well I think I can do that.  It's very spendy at 80$/gal.  But if it works better than what I have now, I don't mind paying the price.  I will get one gallon and it should cover most all of two walls that get the worst sun exposure etc.  That should delay me having to hire a painter for a few more years and put my mind at ease about the bad spots.

We hope to take a little day trip today to get out of the house and see something other than each other.  We considered heading down to Padre Island but I can't get any updated info on beach driving conditions.  So now I think a short trip into the Hill Country will happen.

Happy Trails   

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope it was a good day! :-)

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes it was and thank you