Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Late Post for Tuesday

It's Tuesday afternoon here.  I am just relaxing a bit after tackling the clean up I had planned for the garage.  I needed to get some things squared away since I was planning on calling the refrigerator repair guy for the old one I have in there.  I wanted to see if it was worth fixing or getting it hauled off.  Apparently it's going to get hauled off.  The labor alone was going to be 350$ before they even knew what all was wrong.  They were assuming the compressor from what I told them over the phone.  Not gonna happen.  It was a cheap garage sale fridge and an old one at that.  It had trouble cooling things down anyway for the year I had it prior.  But I will still get them out to fix our main fridge.  I replaced the water line that feeds the icemaker and water dispenser.  However I could never get it to quit leaking at one of the fittings.  In fact, it would blow the hose out of the fitting when I turned the water on.  So hopefully they can get that squared away and we can have ice once again instead of buying bags of ice every week.  This has been going on since late March or April.  It will be good to have ready made ice and cold water once again.

I have been pretty busy around here over the last month or so.  Trying to upgrade things and repair/paint others.  There is still much to be done if I look long enough.  However it is getting hot for outside things and garage things.  So those will wait other than the regular yard work.  In fact they are predicting our first triple digit day today.  Previously they had said a high of 106, but have reduced that several times over the approaching days.  That would be a record for this time of year.  From what I see on my weather station thing is 92 at 2:00 PM.  It may not get to 100 from my experience.  I hope it doesn't.  I am nursing some late planted tomato plants and some bell peppers.  High heat would just about kill my chances for tomatoes.  I had not planned on putting any in the ground this year.  But someone gave me a couple plants and bell pepper and basil to plant.  So I got them in the ground even thought they were more than a month late.  We shall see what happens.  

Now I need to go call my guy to haul off this old fridge.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Lucky you! We had our first 100 degree day June 1st!!! And concur, not worth fixing the old one. Look for a scratch and dent sale at the stores or go into Lowes and ask what they have dented up in the back. I paid less than half of retail for one with a dent in one side.