Monday, April 13, 2020

Isolation Day 29+/-

Things are unchanging here on this home front.  Netflix and Amazon Prime are getting a workout.  Even on those premium channels there is a lot of junk.  I don't know how many shows we have started and then quit just a few minutes in.  I need better acting and scripts to keep my attention more than a few minutes or I'm done and moving on.  My reading has stalled a little but I started again today.  It's funny that most of my reading is novels, which is almost never, and they are apocalyptic type novels.  This started well before this pandemic so I don't try to read anything into that.  I just like some action when I read and those have plenty to keep my mind going.

We are well.  We went over to my Mom's house last Friday to visit with her and take her some lunch and 'K' gives her an injection she needs once per month.  WE only visited outside on the driveway keeping our distance.  She is doing very well for someone living alone for the first time at almost 88.

We will have our youngest granddaughter for a couple nights starting today.  The condo where they live is undergoing some noisy maintenance and it is causing some issues with the baby and the dog goes nuts.  So we will get both her and the dog to relieve some of the stress while they work from home.  I'm sure it is pretty hard to concentrate with a whiny toddler, a baking dog and construction noise.  They and we have been isolated so long we feel comfortable no pathogens will be passed to either us or the baby.  I can't wait to get my hands on her.  It has been the longest stretch that we have not seen her (other than internet video chat) since she was born.  We have seen her mostly weekly keeping her overnight since the first two months she was born.  She had become a habit for us.  'K' has seen her more recently than I have.  I think it has been 6 weeks for me.  

We made a trip over to my Mom's house last Friday to visit with her and take her some lunch and 'K' gives her an injection she needs once per month.  WE only visited outside on the driveway keeping our distance.  She is doing very well for someone living alone for the first time at almost 88.

I am not sure what to think about all this still.  I am hoping President Trump will loosen the restrictions at the end of the month.  It seems our governor is contemplating something similar if not sooner.  Are we tempting fate?  I don't know.  It seems things aren't near as bad as they predicted.  How much that has to do with the measures we have taken I don't know.  If we let up too soon will it get worse?  Or are they crying wolf?  If they had spent as much time reporting about the swine flu when it came out, it may have been worse.  I don't know.  Then I read an 'internet' article that the US had gathered intelligence that says 21 million Chinese died from this Covid19.  Is that true or just more scare tactics?  They say they can tell by the number of cell phone accounts that have been cancelled in China.  Then go on to explain how that works.  Sounds pretty sketchy to me.  I think I need to spend less time looking at all this crap.

I think by May 1 most of us will be ready to get back to normal but there will be a lot of those that are scared to death and preach more gloom and doom.  I will go with my gut when it's time.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, it's time to get back to work. Enjoy the time with the grand and the puppy! Those will give you the will to go on!