Monday, April 6, 2020

Isolation Day 22

Nothing new to report here for the most part.  I'm sure it's that way with most that are trying to stay home like the Governor and others have asked us to do.  I don't have any problem with them asking us to do this.  I know others have differing views.  My issue with those that keep imposing tighter and tighter restrictions on us to try and limit the spread of this Chinese virus is the way they have piecemealed it.  The suggested restrictions have come in varying stages over the last few weeks.  Anyone with a semblance of gray matter had to suspect that this was going to get worse before it got better.  I still don't think is as bad as it could get yet.  I keep wondering if they had started strict to begin with it would be over sooner than it appears it is going to be.  Yes, I know that would probably have gone over like a lead balloon.  Especially giving ammo to those that just want to criticize and take shots at those making the decisions.  I don't know, it's just something that has been in my mind almost from the beginning.  I know we are too spoiled as a society to make any real sacrifices early in the game.  It has to be near catastrophic for us to act.  Nothing I can get worked up about.  We have been restricting since before the gov started with theirs.  

We are doing well.  Enough of everything at this time.  I don't really know how long we could last before things start getting critical.  We made it to the grocery store last week.  We had planned to use the curbside as everyone has suggested.  However, a time slot was well pout beyond our comfort zone.  Well over a week.
It has only gotten worse for those time frames since then.  We went with masks and they were limiting number allowed inside.  We got in and got out.  I was surprised at how some folks seem oblivious to the crisis.  There were an even number with masks and without.  Those without didn't seem to care about distances either.  So we are good to go for at least several weeks.  'K' wanted me to stay home due to my high risk (she is too but not as high).  No way I am letting her go by herself in times like this.  I couldn't be sure she would be safe.  

The older Grandkids and their Mom are coming by today.  They want to see us and how we are doing.  The entire visit will be outside, or so I'm told.  No hugs unfortunately.  They have checked on us a couple time via phone.  I will be good to look at someone else for a change.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Concur, the stupid IS strong with some of these folks... Sigh...