Monday, December 30, 2019

Where Have I Been?

My Mother had another bit of a crisis this past week.  No, nothing physical happened to her, her anxiety caused her some issues.  BTW, she would never agree she has any anxiety and I never say it around her, but it's pretty obvious to 'K' and I.  So 'K' once again volunteered with no prompting to go stay with her again.  'K' had no mother or father any more, along with a step-mother they have all passed.  So now she says that my mother is her mother.  They have always had a well above average relationship.  I am blessed more than I deserve with this woman.  

Mom doesn't think she is getting any better, but I see otherwise.  She also thinks it has been much longer than it has.  So she got an appointment to see an orthopedist.  He confirmed everything she had already been told.  That made her feel much better already.  He wrapped it and she said it felt better already.  Same thing I have been saying since it started.  But like I said abut this previously, what do I know?  Hopefully now she will calm down some and not call 'K' or my Brother crying like she did this last time.  There is much more to that than I'll put here, but IMO it is all due to her anxiety. 

We plan to have supper with Son#2 and his family tonight.  His in-laws are in town and we will get a chance to visit with them.  His Father in Law wants to go shoot while he is here.  I took him last time and so we will go again.  That will give me a chance that I haven't had to get familiar with my new M&P.  But I really look forward to shooting my 1911 the most.  I shoot better with it than any of my others.  I need the practice since I don't do it near enough.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things are getting at least a little better with your mother.