Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday or so

I'm pretty sure it's Tuesday.  I have been so busy I am losing track of what day is what.  Being retired, that happens a lot.  I don't really care what day it is or what time.  I stopped wearing a watch the day I retired.  But knowing the day is the most important thing.  Certain things happen on various days, like the trash pick up.  I don't want to miss that.  Church, not missing that either.  Then there are various appointments that may come up and days to avoid going into town.  Friday and Saturday is a no go for me.  

I took 'K' over to Mom and Dad's this morning.  No idea what the plan is as far as how long she will stay.  She plans to stay as long as she feels needed.  With 'K' that could be tomorrow.  She is there to help out where she can, but the main focus is to calm my Mom's frayed nerves.  Apparently she is now mad at my brother.  Also if she needs to run some errands and just get away for a bit 'K' can stay with my Dad.  'K' is a very calming influence on my Mom and is able to get through to her most of the time.  Did I ever tell you what a blessing she is to me and the whole family?  

I had posted some pictures of my new lawn tractor and the old tractor.  Offering the old one to anyone that likes to tinker since the engine and tranny still work.




I didn't really expect anyone to bite.  Who wants someone else's junk/problems?  AmIright?  Apparently a old coworker I haven't spoken to since I retired wants it.  That will be doing me a favor.  One less thing I have to find someone to haul off.  

Right now I have been outside spraying down the front part of the house where the rock has turned green with whatever it is.  Algae, mildew, a combination of both?  I have to let it sit for a few minutes and then wash it off.  It has really gotten bad with all the wet weather we have had this year.

OK I went out and tried to wash it off, here are the results....ugh

This is the bottom of my garage door, AFTER treating it:


And on the window sill:


I think the limestone rock is too porous and won't come clean at all.  I have power washed it before with almost no effect.  I don't hold out much hope of getting this off.  'K' will be displeased.  I am hoping the power wash will work better on the steel garage door.  If not, I see scrubbing in my future.  

Time for some lunch.....Happy Trails





2 comments:

Old NFO said...

On the limestone, a friend of mine uses this- a solution of 1 tbsp. bleach and 1 gallon warm water,
scrub the mildewed area, let it sit to penetrate the limestone for five minutes. Scrub the area again, then rinse with hose. He says it gets 'most' of the gunk off.

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks, I use almost the exact solution excapt much stronger and add Jomax. Living here with all the mildew build up Jomax is a necessity. I have done another round and scrubbing comes next.