Thursday, July 18, 2019

Overwhelmed

I am meeting my self coming and going.  I can hardly keep up with everything this week.  I'm sure everyone has weeks like that.  Hopefully next week won't be as busy.

All I have are updates today.  We were able to go see my dad yesterday.  The visit did not go very well.  Dad seems to have lost his will.  He has issues understanding when you talk to him.  His hearing is very bad even with hearing aids and now it takes him even longer to try and understand what you said.  some of that is confusion.  He is sleeping a lot.  He is not eating much at all.  Part of the reason for our visit was to take him one of his favorite meals, beans and cornbread.  He ate more of that then he has anything else for the past couple weeks.  All of this is a huge burden on my Mom.  It has made her very emotional and she has trouble thinking of what she needs to do.  In fact it makes her try to do too much.  Overthinking if you will.  It was very hard to see how she was.  This may kill her before my Dad passes.  He was actually doing better than everyone was telling me.  At least better than I expected after gloomy news.

My surgeon released me Tuesday.  My cavern on my chest has closed.  By that I mean you can't see red meat anymore but there is a huge dent, divot, crater that is far from filling in.  At least I can stop with the adhesive bandages and give my skin there a break.

Our garage fridge quit working.  I don't hear the fan motor running at all.  We scrambled to make room in the house fridge this morning to get all the frozen meat from outside in to this one.  A lot of that meat was starting to thaw.  Glad I caught it when I did.  We managed to get it all in there.  We will wait a bit to see about getting a repairman out.  It's an older used fridge we got about a year ago.  I don't want to spend a lot of money so this may just go away in time and see how we do without and extra fridge.  We use it mostly for frozen meat (venison etc.) that we have on hand most of the year.

My lawn tractor arrives today, in fact they called as I was typing this and will be here in 12 minutes.  That is one thing off my plate.  I also ordered a battery powered chain saw.  I have need for something shall to help cut up limbs I removed from the trees on occasion.  I didn't want a gas powered one.  I don't use them enough to keep it running well.  It would sit so long the carb would clog up.  So I chose the battery powered and it is supposed to be lighter.  

The roofer comes back for payment tomorrow.  The insurance will need to send me the rest of the recoverable depreciation.  They probably won't have sent it before he gets here.  He's a good guy so I don't see any problems there.  He will also do a final inspection of the work.  This is the only company I have ever used that does that.

Gotta go the tractor should be here in a couple minutes.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Prayers for your mother and dad. Re the fridge, hopefully it just needs servicing. My mower is in the shop right now, still waiting for it to get fixed. sigh...