Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Results of Doctor Visit

No 'detectable' cancer.  That is always a relief to hear those words.  Although the word 'detectable' tells the tale.  It doesn't mean I am cancer free or cured.  They just can't find any or it is still too small to find with a blood test.  That word, keeps me humble.  Regardless I am always thankful and a little relieved at the news.  

We also discussed the use of Testosterone which I have been on for several years with the exception of the year following my cancer surgery.  I have decided to get off of it for various reasons.  I haven't  been real consistent with it anyway.  Some of the side effects aren't so great either.  I make way to much blood and have to go get it removed about 3 times a year due to the Testosterone.  With all the other blood work I have had done over the last 25 years, my veins are very scarred up.  That has made it very difficult for the vampires to draw blood anymore.  I have been poked by more than my share of needles.  So we are going to see how it works out.  There is a point where something else will have to be done if it gets below a certain level.  I trust this Urologist.  He has really taken the time to study hormones and cancer and takes a different approach than others.  The general thought is, if you have had or have cancer, hormones are a big fat NO. If I had detectable cancer I would not have been on Testosterone. His own father had prostate cancer and he is on Testosterone.

The garden is not producing much at all.  Just a tomato or two every week.  Not sure why this is.  It isn't near as hot as it usually is, at least this month.  I think the unusual heat we had in June has set them back.  A couple of the plants look like they are ready to die.  Some look very good but no tomatoes or blooms.  I will try to nurse them through the rest of the summer and see if I can get a few tomatoes in the fall instead of replanting.  I am still getting some tomato blossom rot.  I will try to add more epsom salt more often before more fruit sets.  The tomatoes we are getting are especially tasty.  About the time frustration sets in and a I decide to give up, I eat a great tomato and I think I may try again.  I am soooo conflicted lol.

Happy Trails Pards. 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good news! And who knows on the plants... sigh

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes, very much so, and relief.