Monday, July 2, 2018

July is Upon Us Already

Still have not heard back from the printer manufacturer.  This is the last day I will wait to hear from them, then I will order a new printer.  We have a couple gift cards that will just about cover the entire amount of a cheap one.  We no longer need one as expensive as the current one, other than paying outrageous ink prices, I see no down side to my logic.

The wife has jury duty today, so I am left to my own devices.  I haven't had to go to jury duty since the 9/11 attack.  I have been to more than my share of times, somewhere around 10 times,  Even spent time on two trials, one being a murder trial.  So I guess I am due also, but I think I have done more than most, they oughta let me off lol.  I thought that I may have aged out, but 70 is the max age now.  The wife left at 6:30 am since traffic on the route into town is just horrible and they don't want you to be late, at all.  I don't want to have to drive into that city and fight the traffic and parking issues, not to mention all the flakes that seem to congregate down there.  I don't know what it's like in downtown of other cities but it seems like we have more than our share of folks that seem to have some sort of mental issues down there.  It's just really strange how that seems to be.  Hopefully since there is a major holiday in the middle of the week, she will only have to be there one day.  I can't imagine them trying to set trials etc. with a holiday mid week.  I am pretty sure the judges really like their time off.  

This July 4th will mark another anniversary for the wife and I.  I think it's 43 years.  I guess it's gonna be permanent by this point.  We had been kicking around some ideas about what we would do to celebrate.  It usually just means going somewhere nice to eat before it gets too late.  Since the fireworks are pretty bad in our area these days, we try to be home since they drive the dog crazy.  They just terrify him.  Not to mention that with the very dry weather I am concerned about fire.  We have already had at least two fires that the local volunteer fire department has had to respond to that were caused by careless early fireworks.  I am sure there will be more unfortunately.  I usually find remains of rockets etc. in the yard every time there is a fireworks holiday.  I have had one brush fire get close to our house, it wasn't fun fighting that with a shovel.  At my age and infirmity I could only do what I can with a garden hose.  It has been very windy here these last few days as it is often this time of year.  That would be enough to push the fire embers onto our home.  No garden hose could stop that.  I don't obsess over this, it's just a minor annoyance in the back of my mind.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Congrats on the anniversary! And you jinxed yourself on the jury duty...LOL