Thursday, July 12, 2018

BBQ Tomorrow

Friday evening we will put on a BBQ spread for a few folks.  I have some Baby Back Ribs and sausage thawing as I type this.  It has been quite a while since we have done anything like this except for family.  It is well overdue.  I also will have a pot of my beans on the menu.  The rest of the sides etc. are in the wife's hands.  With all the things that have been goin on (that I haven't mentioned here) this is much needed.  Just fun time to sit and relax and enjoy others company and forget all the garbage that has been going on.  This has been on the agenda for a few months but due to various issues we weren't able to get everyone together.  There had been too many serious illnesses and even one death has played havoc with our scheduling.  But now it's on and we are really looking forward to this.  I just hope I don't screw up the meat somehow lol.  I had tried out one rack of ribs a little while back to see how they did on the new pit.  I would say they were a success so I don't foresee any issues other than my forgetfulness.

Part of my preparation for the BBQ is to get the yard looking good, cutting grass and edging.  With all the rain it was in need.  I bent a blade on my lawn tractor.  Yeah, a very low stump I thought I had plenty of clearance.  Nope.  Had to run to Sears for the right blade replacement.  It was a much bigger chore to replace it than before.  Yes, I have done it several times.  DON'T JUDGE ME!  I used to be able to tilt the tractor over to remove those blades.  I found out how much strength I have lost over the last 5 years.  I believe that is when I last changed one.  I just couldn't do it.  Not even close.  I did get it up by using a lever action to get it started to the point I could get it tilted enough to get under there.  Sheesh, what a weakling I am now.  

K has an appointment with the Doctor today.  About the time we were getting past most of our health issues this crops up.  About a month ago she dropped something on her heel.  She doesn't even remember what it was.  She told me about it a week or so after the fact as it was bothering her.  I don't remember what she said it was but it was insignificant enough that I didn't worry about it much as it was a very light weight object whatever it was.  Last week she finally complained that it was hurting enough she was having trouble walking.  She rarely if ever complains about pain, this was the first time in all that time she said anything at all, so I had forgotten about it.  I took a look at it and could see some swelling.  OK, this long after and it is still swollen.  Let's get this looked at.  It's probably not anything real serious but I see more bills from various tests they may want to do.  We will deal with that and do what it takes to get her back walking normal.  

Hope y'all have a great weekend, I am gonna try my best to have a great one.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the weekend! And enjoy the BBQ!!! Drooling over here.