Saturday, April 1, 2017

WooHoo

IT LIVES!  The weedeater roared to life easily with my latest effort.  It should have been the very first thing I tried.  The fuel evidently had gone bad.  I had never had that happen before and I have been using these things for years.  So I got caught up on some of the yard work Friday and there will be more Saturday.

Our friend that has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks appeared to be significantly improving earlier this week.  Then late Thursday he had a setback that really dealt a blow to his wife.  Then he rallied Friday afternoon.  Hopefully he will continue to improve.  He has been so sick for so long that they plan on him going to rehab after the hospital.  Not sure why, maybe it's his age (76).  That doesn't seem so old to me.

The Grandkids visit was much too short, less than 24 hours.  I didn't get enough time, the wife seemed to be the center of attention, especially for my Granddaughter.  She spent a longer time than usual sitting in her lap.  Hmph!  Poppy didn't get none of that.

We had planned to hit the Hill Country Friday just for a drive to view the wildflowers as we usually do.  However, Kim was upset about the call we got about our friend in the hospital.  So I cancelled the trip and we went into town to the hospital to get the scoop and offer to give his wife a break and stay there for her.  She wasn't having any of that.  Hopefully this perfect weather will be here Monday and we can try for the day trip again.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Harry Flashman said...

That guy has sure been having some ups and downs. Good of you to stick with him like that.