Monday, January 11, 2021

Fun Times

As I came on to work on a new post I noticed the video I posted last week was not available.  I have no idea if that was just today or it has been that way from the beginning.  Please let me know if you saw it or it was never there in the first place.  I have never had that happen before so I don't know what the problem might be.

I just got off the phone with my mail order pharmacy, what a disaster they have become.  They have usually been pretty good.  Now not so much.  I don't know if they have moved on to using a contract call in service that can only read from a chart or they are just totally oblivious to the person talking to them.  They ask you a question, you begin to answer and once they get the answer apparently read the response even though you had already gone through all that information previously.  It's one answer fits all as long as it's on the answer sheet they can read.  There is no cognitive thinking or taking into consideration the things you already said to avoid just this scenario.  And then they have absolutely no issue interrupting you at any point and talking over you when you are asking them a question.  Maybe English isn't their first language or their culture has no issue with interrupting constantly.  I'm trying to be kind and not sound like a bigot.  I finally hung up on the last person I spoke to(#4) when she threatened to hang up on me as I was getting upset at her constant interruptions, while interrupting me during the explanation she asked for.  To say the least, I was pretty tight in the jaws by that time.  This is the very short version.

We took the new pup to our vet for the first time to get checked out and get his heartworm vaccination.  Yes, they have a vaccination now instead of the pills etc.  He was also short one vaccination, lepto-something that is very prevalent with all the wild animals we have in our yard.  Evidently he had had that shot before as he had an allergic reaction there in the office.  Vomiting, squirts and finally just collapsed.  We had to stay a little longer as they dealt with that but he is good to go.  

We also just got a call from the vet that results of the fecal test for the new pup came back positive for Giardia.  So we have to get a round of meds and do a lot of things to prevent cross contamination to us.  Multiple baths a week, washing bedding, COVID like sanitation and picking up poop.  Not sure of all the details, hopefully we can get it written down when we pick up the meds.  I guess the pup giving us kisses is a bad thing(if it's not too late) and sleeping in the bed (not my idea) with us wasn't a good thing.  Who knows if he had it already or not.  At least he's healthy.  

Fun Day, Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear about the issues. Guess I'm lucky I deal with the VA and they get my meds mailed promptly!