Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday Catching Up

Even with this Hung Chow flu we find ourselves busy.  This week will be significantly slower.  I had a couple doctor appointments, the ophthalmologist and the dentist.  The eye doctor was just my regular diabetes check up and all was well.  The dentist was much more involved.  The tooth I cracked and had removed over a year ago is getting an implant.  Well the space where that tooth was.  It is a bit nerve wracking to endure but surprisingly less pain than the removal required.  I go back in 2 months to get it checked for healing and a mold to be made in order to get the crown made in preparation for final install.  I had no idea what this all entailed, but I had to laugh when he broke out a mini ratchet wrench to screw in the part that that the crown will attach too.  That torqued my jaw and so my joint in my jaw is a little sore.  

'K' went to the memorial service for our dear friend that passed away from cancer two months ago.  It was delayed due to the Rona.  I didn't feel it was prudent for me to attend and made an emotional call to her husband and my good friend to let him know I wouldn't attend.  He knew what I called about before I even mentioned it and was very gracious.  It made it no less hard and I hate having missed it.  'K' was there to serve the food, decorate and clean up.  She took precautions and didn't really interact with anyone in order to avoid exposure to the Kung flu.  Even then, she is 'quarantining' herself at home and we are not having any of the Grandkids over for two weeks just to be on the safe side.  

I have my 6 month visit with the doctor that found my prostate cancer as a regular follow up.  I have already seen the lab results and nothing has changed and I am still cancer free if I read it right.  I assume these visits will continue through the ten year mark and we are just past 5. He also regulates the 'T' I am injecting.  

My garden is pretty much a bust.  No tomatoes harvested.  There is one green tomato on one vine, it's taking it's sweet time.  The bell peppers have stopped growing and are very small and thin walled.  No meat at all.  The late planting and severe heat we have had stopped it from developing.  However our good friends that live in Bandera came into town for some things stopped by and brought us a bag of fresh tomatoes.  Much appreciated and oh so tasty.  It was great to visit with them awhile even though we sat outside in the heat to avoid close contact.  I had n't seen him in over a year I'm thinking, maybe two.  He is just super busy in the medical field and over worked.  I can see that it has physically affected him.  He is still short of retirement by about 5 years.  He needs a break.  He is a true American Hero, and if I could tell you the little he has told me...  He was a 'special operator' is all I will say.

I finished a leather project I was working on.  This was for myself.  I upgraded my Amazon Fire tablet to the Fire HD.  It needed a cover since it's a different size than my old Fire.  My old Fire was out of storage and adding a memory card offered no help as it had slowed considerably due to the storage issue.  It was already pretty slow.  The HD was on sale for 30 off and I had gotten a gift card for Father's day so I treated myself.  It is significantly faster and doesn't have the issues I was experiencing with the old Fire.  I am pretty happy with it.  Sorry, I didn't remember to take photos.  I will and post them here.  It has a 'Texas 1836' theme and I wanted it to look rugged and used.  I am pretty happy with it as I was struggling with ideas.  I am weak in the creative thought process coming up with original designs, but I gathered a couple things I would see elsewhere and put my interpretation in it.  

Happy Trails




1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the memorial came off okay. And glad you got the project done. Looking forward to the pics!