Thursday, June 2, 2022

Catching Up With Memorial Day Eventa

This is a bit of a backtrack post.  I just had to post about my new pup and it got so long I didn't want to add any more.  So here is the rest.

We invited the kids (and grandkids) to the house Memorial day for hot dogs and just visiting.  All went pretty well.  All the noise was a bit overwhelming for Abby (the new pup).  Son#1 had taken sick late last week and his Daughter was spending a few nights with a friend so they weren't able to come.  His wife and son came without them.  But we partied on.  Just before everyone left we found out Son#1 tested positive for Covid.  Ugh.  His wife started showing signs the next day and so did the Grandson.  Double ugh.  So I guess we have been exposed.  It's as close as we have come to being exposed that we are aware of.  We are both fine so far as of today, Thursday.  I had to google how long we would have to wait to know if we are clear, I had forgotten.  Ten days.  I have the follow up eye appointment on day 10 and 'K' has a doctor appointment on day 11.  I really hate to miss that appointment.  I want to move on with this eye issue instead of delaying it another month.  So we wait.

The new pup, Abby really likes going for our walks.  It's about the only time she really perks up and is not afraid of everything.  She seems to have regressed a little yesterday.  Stays in the crate most of the time, bit she is comfortable there.  When I take her out to go outside to give her a chance to do her business, she seems very scared and refuses to go and runs back to the door.  I put her on a leash and she seems more confident but still is pretty scared.  So I do everything with the leash when we are outside.  This may take longer than we had hoped.  Snickers has been very good with her, in fact excellent.  But if he walks by the front of her crate she bares her teeth.  He just walks away but he is curious but not intrusive.  We stay positive. 


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hopefully y'all are clear. And the new pup getting 'comfortable' can take a while.