Monday, June 13, 2022

Appraisal Protest

I protested my property appraisal (online) and they offered a 5K reduction.  Surprised I got that much.  I have nothing to fight them with when everything in the neighborhood is selling fast and is very overpriced IMO.  So that affects any comparables they use to come up with my appraisal.  

I have fought them numerous times in the early years of living out here but I had plenty of ammo being it was a newly constructed house, I had the documentation of actual costs.  I won every time.  Even one appeal that flabbergasted the appraiser.  I knew then I wouldn't have much to go on any other time.  'K' tried once and lost so we didn't fight it any more, until this year with it's exorbitant values.  Unfortunately we live in a highly desirable neighborhood and with all the migration things don't stay on the market long at all, even at these inflated prices.  I'm sure the prices still look attractive to folks from Cali.  I accepted.  Otherwise I would have had to go downtown to the appeal board with no real evidence.  

I sure hope the state legislature does more this next session regarding elimination of the property tax.  They always talk about it but never do anything.  There has been some movement in that area this past year.  The one thing they would try that would most likely pass would only lower the tax a few hundred dollars.  Far short of eliminating it.  But it's a start.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, things are getting ridiculous. Waiting for the bubble to burst and things to get back to reasonable...

Randy said...

@Old NFO-I just hope when that bubble pops it doesn't take us with it