Monday, June 6, 2022

June 6, Do You Remember?

Busy Monday already.  I get up at 6AM  but am usually awake before then.  I want to get out walking the dogs by 7AM before it has a chance to heat up, and drink the first cup of coffee.  Then there are few other chores, fix breakfast, check and water the garden, water the other decorative plants, check and refill the water for the deer.  Read my emails/news, oh and feed the dogs.  Today we had the AC guys out to do routine maintenance after postponing me twice before due to beiing over loaded with emergencies.  They are very thorough but also always try to upsell me on upgrades.  Ain't happening.  I usually tell them that before they start so it cuts down on the BS.  'K' had to rush to her annual exam at the docs too.  Finally get to sit down and post this at 10:48 AM.

The new pup is getting more confident and at ease with us.  Still a long way to go.  I think she is a pretty timid dog anyway and we will have to over come that along with the anxiety of a new place and new people.  She made good progress this weekend. We will schedule her a vet appointment as soon as possible to get her some flea/tick/heartworm meds.    

Today is June 6, day of the Normandy invasion.  I plan to sit and watch the entire Band of Brothers series today and not much else.  'K' plans on joining me.  I have great appreciation for those that took part in this monumental event.  Watching this is my small tribute to them, remembering their sacrifices and accomplishments that so many fail to do now days.  My emotions and thoughts will run the gamut especially with the mess we are in these days.  

Don't want to sound like a broken record but HEAT is what's happening here.  We are in the midst of a 2 week heat wave that  has broken several high temps this past week.  Sunday we hot 102 again with more predicted for the entire week.  No, I don't believe in global warming.  So don't go there please.  Things we can't control happen is all I will say.  It's funny to think July may be cooler than June, but I'm hoping even though it is usually hotter but not this hot.

We tested negative for COVID so we are out of restrictions.  First time we have tested.  The others are getting better.  Grandson only felt bad one day and was back bouncing off the walls.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Thank you for remembering D-Day. My father was a combat engineer who landed at Normandy. I was struck by how little attention is being paid today to those landings. And I wholeheartedly agree with you that he and his buddies would be shaking their heads at how screwed up things have become.

Randy said...

Thanks CenTexTim.