Thursday, March 3, 2022

Outta Gas

Figuratively not literally.  Although that may all too well be true in the future with all the garbage going on in the world.  But figuratively speaking I ran out of gas very early today.  Took Snickers on our walk trying to get back into that and then was anxious to get out and start on yard stuff.  I have a huge list and I have been chomping at the bit to get after it.  Started repairing the door on my cheap shed.  I have one of those you snap together and are made out of something I don't recall but seems like plastic.  Maybe resin.  The door needed a hinge as the other just won't cut it any more.  Then I started in on the garden.  I have grand plans for it, or did.  Got all the things holding the black plastic (landscape timbers) I use to cover it removed, then the plastic.  There was quite a bit of dead grass.  Get the rake out and in one going over that not even came close to removing all the grass I was done.  Other than being tired my back tightened up almost immediately.  I quit then.  Very discouraging to give out so soon.  Maybe after a little rest I will hit it again for a few.  Nah, won't happen.  

The years are starting to make themselves known very loudly.  Some sort of garden will appear this year regardless.  I will most likely buy bags of garden soil to use to rehab it.  I need at least 20 bags so I will have to have it delivered.  I'm choosing bags as it will be easier for me to handle instead of having a pile of soil to transport in a wheel barrow, dump and then spread.  The bags will allow me to haul them and place them where needed and spread.  Easy peasy. LOL who am I kidding.  I'm hoping that will be the easiest method.  As much as I would love to have about 8 yards of garden soil delivered for my entire yard and flower beds I know what would happen with that.  It takes much too long for this one man show to get that much soil/topcoat to get dispersed as I have done that several times over the years.  Too many years.  I wish I had a small tiller, maybe I will shop around.  Just another old man's rambling.

Happy Trails

No comments: