Monday, March 7, 2022

Crazy Weather and Inflation

Late post today.  We went to the grocery store early and to top off the gas in the car.  Sheesh.  I learned that gas had gone up overnight to over 4$/gal.  Luckily it is still ONLY 3.79 here.  I doubt it will stay that way and will go up a bunch later today.  A barrel of oil is $130 this morning.  This will once again affect grocery prices.  Including last weeks Costco trip and todays grocery trip we came in just short $600 and that was with NO meat.  Granted we stocked up on things we won't use for a while.  I don't know how a young family gets by having to spend a lot on gas to get to work just to put it all back in the gas tank and the grocery store.  I would really like some one that voted for Biden explain to me how things are better now.  

I may have found something that will help with my garden and also the wife's(mine) flower beds.  Here is what I am dealing with in my small garden that whipped my tail last week:


That dead grass is Bermuda, it's from the devil.  Once I get all that out of there I will get some more garden soil to refresh it.  But getting the grass out is near impossible with Bermuda, at least for my old bones.  So I started looking around and found an electric tiller and they are really cheap and had great reviews.  It's light and easy to handle.  I have only put it together for now so no pics yet.  Once this stupid weather makes up it's mind that winter is over I will get out there and till that up and see how that thing works.  It's gotta be better than the by hand way or a grubbing hoe.  Pics when it happens.

Speaking of the weather, it's in the low forties this morning with a howling wind and won't get into the 50's today after hitting 80 yesterday.  And we will get another strong front Friday with a chance for a light freeze Saturday and Sunday.  At this rate we could have a freeze as late as April.  It's very rare but has happened out here where we are a couple times when the official weather says it didn't.  That makes it hard on the garden by freezing any new plants or delaying planting.  The deer are very confused by this crazy weather too.  They are huddled up behind the house with a look on their face like 'where did the warm weather go?'


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, the weather is drunk and in our front yards... sigh