Monday, March 28, 2022

The Oscars LOL and My Sore Back

Spring has hit full force in my part of Texas.  We even saw some Bluebonnets this weekend on our way to see my Mother.  It has been pretty warm, even reaching 90 a couple days, very windy as you would expect in March and sadly very dry.  We really need rain to break this drought.  

Along with this nicer weather comes a lot more yard work.  And my back is paying the price.  Hauling around those bags of garden soil and fertilizer and getting the garden planted (sorry no pics) has taken it's toll.  Parts are hurting.  I try to get too much done too quickly and being this late in the year for planting puts the pressure on.  Thankfully 'K' has pitched in and made things go much faster than if it was just me.  The flower beds are receiving attention now and by the end of today we may be finished with the biggest part of those.  

I don't watch the Oscars any more and rarely did anyway.  Too much political activism with those that really have no clue about the real world.  But I did see a little of the aftermath.  Videos of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock with a full wind up for a joke about his wife.  It was a stupid harmless joke by an annoying comedian that didn't sit well with a cry baby.  Take that up after the show tough guy when your temper has cooled and the guy can defend himself.  Don't blindside the guy, it was a chickensh*t assault and the guy should have been arrested.  All of it was in poor taste to say the least and obviously adults weren't on duty.  I have no idea what Chris Rock thought about it and don't care, but he took it like a man even if it was deserved.  Just more useless entertainers that are too full of themselves and the things they represent and do mean nothing at all in the scheme of life.  Another reason I rarely watch movies and almost never go to a theater.  'K' loves movies and I agree to go about once a year but it better not have any of that woke garbage.  OK enough with the rant.

Y'all behave and Happy Trails


No comments: