Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Eye Follow Up and the Garden

I went for another follow up for my eye surgery and everything is good to go.  I also scheduled for the next eye and paid for that.  April 5, 1:30 pm.  A later time will help hopefully with the wait as per the person who got me scheduled.  It was 4 hours of mostly waiting last time.  It may also be easier on the not eating 6 hours before due to my blood sugar issues.  Mine was too low last time and I had to get some sugar in me as soon as I woke up to keep from getting any lower.  Waiting for more than another 4 hours would have been bad.  

I headed over to Home Depot immediately afterwards to pick up soil/compost for the garden and get any plants for it.  Did well on the soil as it was half price but of all things they had no vegetable plants.  That threw a wet blanket on my enthusiasm to get started on my garden.  This will actually send me out shopping for vegetable plants.  Nothing is close and they are spread out.  I may wait a day as I want to  try to get some of that soil hauled around from the front to the back where the garden is.  The bags are much heavier than I anticipated and lifting the ones I got in and out of my car made stuff hurt.  But I'll get it done.  I plan on some new things this year.  Potatoes and carrots.  I will try onions again if I can find any.  Of course there will be the tomatoes and I will plant many more than the two I did last year.  There will be at least 6, I have found that is a good number if they all produce well.  We shall see.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with that! EVERYBODY is looking for veggies right now!