Thursday, March 17, 2022

Cataract Surgery etc.

My cataract surgery went well.  Still dealing with the dilation and the eye settling down after all the trauma.  I could see well enough after surgery to not need my glasses.  However, with the other eye being as bad or worse than the other it is a bit disconcerting.  I don't see well enough to feel comfortable driving yet.  I can't read anything so we went to Costco and got some readers.  I can read now but things are still off due the significant differences in the two eyes.  I went in for a check the day after surgery and they said everything looked good and all the weird things I was experiencing were normal and will clear up in 3-4 days.  I go in again next Wednesday for them to take another look and we will then schedule the next eye.  Oh, and the colors.  I didn't know I had any degradation of color.  Closing one eye and then the other I see a huge difference.  The new eye is much brighter/whiter.  While the other has darker richer colors.  I think I like the older better as far as colors go.

My hearing aids have been acting up.  They have lasted longer than they are supposed to and should be replaced.  However with the spendy cataract surgery I am reluctant.  Plus the model Costco currently has it about a year and a half old and the new models usually come out every two years.  After letting them test my ears again today and making adjustments I am hoping to hold out for the newer model.  'K' disagrees as you would expect.  I sympathize with her, but it's no fun for me either.  This getting old stuff....

I need to get my garden planted soon.  But I can't do any lifting until 7 days after surgery, I can't even bend over.  Glad I don't wear socks much lol.  Hopefully I can get it set up between surgeries and that a sneaky late freeze won't destroy my efforts.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things went well!