Monday, February 28, 2022

Early Spring?

I hope so.  The cold weather has been a hindrance.  After 3 days of 31-36 temps and some freezing mist along with strong winds we have great weather this Monday Morning.  Time to start getting things ready for Spring.  I need fertilizer for the garden.  I use an organic fertilizer only, think mostly manure.  The particular brand I have had the best luck with is hard to find.  Home Depot is supposed to carry it but none is on hand.  Amazon has it but it's 38.99 for a 40# bag, are you kidding me?  HD is 29.99.  I don't remember it being that high before.  I could say something about inflation and the manure that comes out of DC but I need the real stuff.  I have an inquiry in with the local feed store but I doubt that will be any cheaper and probably higher.

Yesterday I hit 69.  I had kept it quiet but there were so many folks at church that somehow knew.  I guess I should be happy I get this far with my health issues over the last few years.  So I am being positive about it.  It could certainly be much worse.  And my Mother actually remembered it was my birthday, first time in a while.

I had my evaluation for cataract surgery.  My insurance pays the basic surgery.  I am getting upgrades to the point I will not need glasses other than some readers.  Way more than I expected but so worth it from the description the doctor gave.  Mid March is the right eye, two weeks later the left.

Not sure what to make of the Ukraine war with Russia.  I know there is a ton of propaganda going on.  I see videos and photos and some just don't make sense.  One of young girl chastising a supposedly Russian invader, yet I could tell the video looked odd.  Desert landscape, girl wearing a tank top.  It's the deepest part of winter in a very cold part of the earth.  Turns out it was a Palestinian accosting an Israeli soldier.  And there have been others.  Twitter is going nuts too.  The sides are divided almost evenly on who they support but most agree something strange is going on there.  I don't know what to make of it.  I just hope the innocent are spared as much as possible.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Happy birthday! And good luck with finding anything 'inexpensive' any time soon...

Randy said...

Old NFO-yup it's just crazy.