Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Vet and Vets

We made a trip to the vet yesterday.  Snickers has been scratching and licking all over himself and had irritated a couple spots and they were getting thin on fur.  We really like out Vet.  Very compassionate guy and so very friendly and doesn't get in a hurry.  We got off subject talking politics and the current situation.  More on that in a bit.  While we had Snickers there we asked them to cut his nails.  He absolutely will not let us do it easily and he has the darker colored nails that make it hard to see where to cut.  I hurt him once.  They trimmed the hair from in front of his eyes and got his glands squeezed.  Basically it is seasonal allergies causing his scratching.  Apparently he seems to be more allergic than our last dog Buster.  He was an Aussie and they are notorious for having allergies.  Snickers is basically a mutt and allergies aren't that prevalent in mutts in my experience.  Of course he proves me wrong.  He got a shot that's supposed to take care of that for 3-4 months.  Enough to get him through the last of this season.  He stopped itching almost immediately.  Yea!

I have a couple close friends that are having a really hard time with this Afghanistan fiasco.  They are current military and retired.  Two are Special Ops that have spent time in that part the world kicking doors.  The current is still kicking doors and spent way more time there than many and lost his two close friends there.  He named two of his sons after them.  I can only imagine what they are feeling and thinking.  One had a post on FB that he would be 'out of touch' for a while.  I'm sure they feel betrayed and how that it was all for nothing.  

I don't know but can only guess from what I have heard from other veterans that are going through similar things.  I just want all veterans of that conflict to know, that I care.  My wife cares.  I'm sure there are millions of other Americans that feel as we do.  We cannot begin to explain how much we appreciate what you did, whether it was for yourself, your country or whatever.  Please know that we are concerned about your well being in this difficult time.  Please don't bear this alone if you are having dark thoughts.  Reach out to someone for help.  You are right to feel betrayed by your government, your so called leaders, but they aren't worth another life.  Don't add another loss to this tragedy.  

I was going to go into a little bit about what I talked about with my Vet yesterday.  I think I will let that lie for now.  It would be easy to backtrack that info and get the subject of our conversation in trouble.  Just know that the private citizens, the ex-special ops guys are the real deal working outside the government.  I salute them o7.

If you can with all this going on...

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good news on the pup! And yes, all of us vets are pissed! Us old farts are contributing anyway we can (usually $$$) to the youngsters than can still go in the field.