Monday, September 13, 2021

Tropical Storm?

Today is overcast and humid but not too hot.  We are just off the path of the tropical storm Nicholas in the Gulf.  It appears though that we will be on the western edge of it, that's the dry side.  We may get a shower or two and those could be heavy since this is a tropical system.  Or we will get nothing.  Now if it deviates to the West at all in the next few hours we could get inundated.   I didn't realize anything was happening at all until late yesterday.  I had failed to check the weather reports for a couple days.  All I knew was that the mornings were terrific here, getting down to 68* a couple mornings and low humidity.  Made my walks very pleasant and I didn't get home soaking in sweat for a change.

Not that all that matters.  We have no plans to go out anywhere for the remainder of this week.  It turns out our oldest Granddaughter got COVID this past week.  Yes, we were exposed.  I hugged on her some at church last week and we went to eat with them after.  We got the word late Monday or Tuesday and we have been quarantining since.  I have postponed a visit by the pest control.  We stayed home from church yesterday.  Just an abundance of caution.  We have experienced no ill effects so far.  The Granddaughter seems to be fine now after some fever that kept her in bed a couple days.  The people she lives with (my son and his wife) kept her confined to her room and so far no one else has had any symptoms.  That's good news.

I got word from the gutter contractor.  The materials arrived and they have me scheduled for next Monday.  We wanted shade of dark red gutters which seems to be either in high demand, or they aren't making much of it.  I think it's the later but it gets used quickly.  The other contractor said he couldn't get it at all.  Hopefully the possible rain late today and tonight will stay away until after installation.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Stay safe, and hope there isn't any infection. Glad your gutter guy was able to get what you wanted!