Friday, September 10, 2021

The 'speech'

I didn't see the 'speech' the president gave yesterday.  I saw plenty of reaction on Social Media to know it was making plenty of folks angry.  Not sure I'm glad I missed it.  I had intended to see it if I could find it on but again time zones messed with me and so didn't even get a chance.  

I have a question for you Veterans that come by here.  How do you feel about seeing an American Flag flown upside down?  It matters to me what Veterans think, you are the ones that laid your life on the line for that flag.  If it would offend you I would refrain from doing something like that.  I saw a lot of comments on social media about flying our flag upside down.  Symbol of distress.  

IMO, we are certainly under more distress than any time that I can remember.  Although Jimmy Carter's 'speech' that got him voted out still is a vivid memory.  We were hadn't been married very long and were struggling financially.  I can recall that the things that he was proposing were going to make life even harder for us economically.  Fuel prices alone were going to make it impossible to get by or even get to work.  I can remember it was still two  weeks till pay day and all we had was 86 cents between us.  This situation is certainly very different and IMO no less dire and in many cases more so.  When you President completely ignores the Constitution of the United States and makes threats against our duly elected Governors and becomes a dictator, our way of life and everything we believe in is under threat.  That would seem to justify flying a flag upside down.

And if you can, please try to have

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, we ARE in trouble, and I think it's appropriate now, probably more than ever.