Friday, June 4, 2021

Soggy

In this part of Texas, which is on the edge of the Chihuahua Desert, we have regular periods of drought.  Some longer than others.  We just came out of a drought that started last Summer.  We got very little significant rainfall since now.  Being in a drought doesn't mean you never see any rain, while it can, you can also see rain here and there.  Just not enough to do any good to replenish the habitat.  That is what we get a lot of here.  Over the last couple decades, drought has become more of an issue.  Most all of our water comes from an underground aquifer.  So we have to have rain to replenish it.  With the explosion of growth in this area, that water supply is very taxed.  There are constant water use restrictions now.  They never go away and get more or less restrictive based on the level of water in the aquifer.  They really don't know how much water is in the aquifer, so how they determine what level to start adding restrictions is suspect to me.  

The past few weeks has seen the current drought come to a screeching halt.  I don't have any numbers of how much rain has fallen, my gauge got broken and I haven't replaced it.  The local weather guys have that info but it is always different than what I get.  So I won't cite it.  The last week has seen rain every day, some very heavy.  A mix along with some very humid weather.  Some of our plants look like they have root rot.  They were in pots along the drip line of the roof, so they were getting even more rain.  I moved them out and they look better now.  With the thought that we have so many droughts here, I am rarely ever complaining about wet weather.  That's just how it is here.  Periods of drought then being washed away by epic storms and floods.  But we could sure use a little sunshine now.  Key word little.  

Been having trouble reaching my adjuster for our claim.  No return phone calls seem to be the norm.  I did discover that I was assigned a new adjuster.  She prefers to use digital communication via their claim message center.  She says they expect to have some information sometime next week.  At least I can tell 'K' something now.  It also appears that the dishwasher that she wants and has been 'unavailable' may now be available June 13.  This is via the website, it seems to change daily.  We will wait until then and go look at them rather than rely on the website photos.  Yea for small victories.

My grass needs mowing....again, not even a week.  SMH

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Take the small victories when you can! And yes, mowing is becoming a weekly affair, actually more than weekly if I'm being honest, but at 1.7 miles thats a 'bit' more exercise than I want...