Monday, June 21, 2021

Laying Low Today

I want to just lay low today.  I have nothing I WANT to do.  That is different than from what I need to do.  So am planning to do nothing, except read.  I have about a dozen books, digital and hard copy that have not even been glanced at yet.  I have 2-3 that I started and are in various stages of completion but are truly just waiting.  I haven't been reading much the last few months.  

'K' has a niece in town from Anchorage, Alaska.  She made a quick stop on her way to Abilene.  She came without her kids and husband, they are in Abilene and she will join them later this week.  I think 'K' has made plans for us to meet her for lunch today.  I am not real sure.  This violates my commitment to do nothing today.  

It is extremely humid here today.  The heat index should be between 105-110.  That's another reason I don't plan to do anything. 

Tuesday is a day we have been looking toward for months.  We will meet with the project manager of our renovation/restoration to hammer out the details of the project.  We are not on the same page about the cabinets.  The estimate we have shows replacement of cabinets from what I can tell.  On the phone he said we were only getting them restored to original condition.  The details on the estimate sure seem to say otherwise.  I know he was talking to me while driving and wasn't seeing what I was and he may not remember exactly what our project entailed.  He has a lot on his plate.  Either way, it's just a minor hiccup.  We are hoping he will also give us a start date.  He had told us they might start this week.  That will get us in high gear to remove things we don't want to be moved by their crews.  If the cabinets are to be replaced then we have to unload them along with the all the others since they will get repainted.  The demo, replacing sheetrock and painting will all be done first, prior to any flooring and is pretty straight forward.  We have concerns how the flooring will work out due to availability and who will actually install it.  The vendor of the flooring offers a lifetime installation warranty as opposed to 3 years by the restoration company.  That is a detail for the PM and the vendor to work out.  Their are contract time issues/constraints that come into play with the availability of the flooring materials and agreeing on a contract to have the vendor do the flooring.  We are also trying to figure out how to keep some of the dust down.  They will start demo on the tile the first day and that is a concern as it can get so very dusty with the silica that will be flying everywhere.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Worst comes to worst, go to a hotel for a day or three. Good luck in any case with getting it done in a timely and CORRECT fashion!