Thursday, June 10, 2021

Yard Sale

I have been trying to get 'K' to get rid of things around the house for some time.  With the house in complete disarray due to our insurance claim from the leaking dishwasher I thought it might encourage her to move more in that direction.  And it has.  She sprung a garage sale on me coming up this Saturday.  Ugh.  I didn't expect a garage sale.  I thought she would use some online forums on the book of faces to advertise things and sell them that way.  I don't relish the thought of haggling with a bunch of strangers trying to get away with more than a bargain.  But here we are.

I have some really old camera equipment and fishing rods and reels, DVD's I will try to get rid of along with all the other junk we have.  We have decided that if it doesn't sell, Goodwill will get a windfall.  It ain't coming back in the house.  Some of the stuff belonged to my grandparents and has taken up space in various cabinets and closets.  That was a little harder to part with.  At one time some of that stuff was worth a bit.  But the collectibles market has died and they are virtually worthless now.  But we have never used any of it so out it goes.  Need some fancy glassware?

'K' still has a ton of stuff from her business.  When you make and sell jewelry there is just so much you have to have.  Now that she no longer does that, it sits.  Still wrestling with her emotions on that.  I just make gentle suggestions now and then.  Maybe one day.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck and hopefully a small profit!