Monday, May 31, 2021

Still Waiting

We have heard nothing from our Insurance in regard to our renovation.  I texted the estimator of the renovation company Tuesday last week looking for an update.  He said he had turned in his estimate and was waiting on approval.  Yet nothing since then.  So we have gone about trying find flooring we like more than what we have found so far.  And we think we have found it.  Of course it is about twice the cost of the things we have looked at before.  We actually found two, they aren't much different in looks but the price is.  We may go with the more expensive, it just depends on what insurance is coming up with.  I am leaning more to the expensive one.  Thickness of the material and durability and some slight cosmetic things make it stand out to me.  If it is going to be here the rest of our lives I want it to last and look good as long as possible.  

We also still haven't found a dishwasher due to the fake shortage.  Most everything comes from China, so there is that issue our gov't. created we are dealing with.  But the one we have at the top of our list comes from Germany, you can't get any of those regardless of color.  American manufacturing is apparently dead.  I won't get into my thought on that, it gets me tight in the jaws/

Got a bunch of yard work done over the last few days, in between rain.  We have had a LOT of rain, of the tropical nature.  Things are soggy.

I am mindful today of those that have sacrificed their lives for our country, I always am, not just today.  I am deeply indebted.  I watched a few videos from Arlington National Cemetery.  Those really get me right in the feels.  And they should.  But along with those we are remembering today, we should take a moment for their families and loved ones, they continue to sacrifice.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well said, and sorry for the lack of answers. That sucks...