Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Yard Sale is Over-ERCOT Jackwagons

The yard/garage sale went OK.  We had more people stop than I anticipated.  We didn't make a lot of money but the idea was to get rid of things that we just didn't use any more.  Of course when you post a time on the www that the garage sale will start you must always expect early birds.  We had planned to start at 9 AM in order to set up with plenty of time.  Good thing we got up earlier than 'K' had planned.  'K' having been a retail store manager for years, caused us to need more time to set up.  She wanted everything to look pretty so it would sell.  I don't think it made any difference.  We got up at 6 AM and just before 7 we had our first shopper.  I thought about running him off since we had barely even started setting up.  But I went ahead and dealt with him.  I managed to sell him most all the fishing gear.  Along with a few other items.  I probably could have sold for more as we had several come by specifically for the fishing gear.  But at least it's gone.  

We had a fairly steady stream of one or two customers per hour or so.  Putting everything away was the hardest thing we had to do.  We were bushed and it was hot.  So we just pushed it in there in a hurry.  Most of that went to Goodwill Monday.  We also took a box of DVD's to 1/2 price books since none sold at the yard sale.  We got 30$ for those and we were just going to give them away so that was a bonus.

I see ERCOT is jacking around with out power gain.  Power plants offline and not able to meet the demand due to the heat and humidity and the extra folks that have moved here.  It appears our legislature has no teeth in dealing with these yahoo's.  One of these days they have to deal with this issue and soon.  Maybe they should be disbanded altogether.  They took control of my Nest thermostat for 3 hours and plan to again today.  I can over ride them if it gets too uncomfortable but I try to help out when I can.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things 'moved' one way or the other! :-) And yeah, ERCOT is trying to 'flex' their muscles to regain control. They REALLY need to be slapped down!!!