Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Turkey Day Preps

We are prepping for Turkey Day.  I have a 14lb turkey smoking right now.  So I am tied up with that for about the next 6 hours.  I am having to the nurse the fire more since I am low on charcoal and will need to use oak.  This makes it a little harder to regulate the temps.  I will also try to do some touch up painting in between tending the fire.  

Our get together will be a smaller than the usual get together this year.  Son #1 and his family are enjoying a vacation in my happy place in Colorado.  I think it's wrong that he didn't invite me.  So his Christmas is going to stink this year.  My Mom has opted to stay in.  Not sure why other than she looks for reasons not to go anywhere much anymore and the china flu just adds to that.  

Christmas will also be messed up as Son #2 and his family will head to the In-laws in Arizona.  I can't complain about this, as his in-laws have come here many more times than they have been there.  There are Great Grandparents there also that won't ever see them unless they come out there.  They have only been back once since he stole his wife from them.  That was so they could see the new baby.  She is the only Great Grandchild for all of the Great Grands on that side of the family.  Consequently we will delay our main Christmas get together until they return.  We will go over to Son #1's on Christmas day to watch the kids do their thing.  I assume they will feed me at some point.

No progress on any new dog yet.  The one I had my eye on, another Australian Shepherd, isn't going to work out.  He has some major health problems that may not allow him to be adopted out.  We will keep our options open but I have reduced my active searching.  At our age, an Aussie may just be too active for us.  

We have also been talking about looking into a camper RV.  This probably would require us to trade in our newer SUV.  It really isn't made to pull anything.  A truck and trailer seems to be closer in budget too compared to a self contained RV.  Even camper vans are surprisingly expensive.  But we are just talking and realistically it will stay that way.

Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving a happy trails.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!