Monday, November 30, 2020

Post Thanksgiving "Chili'

Yes, we still have leftover turkey.  I doubt I will eat anymore.  I usually eat it until it's gone.  Turkey sandwiches are a favorite.  This time for some reason I didn't eat as much and it is not as appealing.  I may make some chili today or tomorrow.  Have to check with 'K' to see what she has in her plans.  Once she hears I want to cook her plans are put aside with no argument lol.  Just checked with her, she is good with chili.  I will try a new recipe mix I got at the store.  While I really like my own mix, I haven't been able to make it taste exactly like I want it, and 'K' thinks it's too hot, even my dumbed down 'yankee' version.  So I bought a mix I had seen advertised.  My recipe is for 6lbs of beef, this one makes it easy for just 2lbs.  I always have to adjust mine to a smaller batch since there is just the two of us.  This should be much easier.  And NO, there are never beans in my chili, or tomatoes for that matter.  I'm a traditionalist.  Once beans are added, it is no longer chili.  It is then chili AND beans.  Pretty simple but it seems hard for those that like beans in their's to understand that and they will argue endlessly that it is chili.  Call it whatever you want, it's NOT chili when you add beans, it just became a casserole.  There are entire books written about chili that attest to this.  *grin*

I started my Christmas shopping Friday.  I finished in about 2 minutes.  I shop entirely online.  If I can't find it online they won't get it.  I don't actually 'shop.'  I always have a list and I just buy items from it.  I never browse items.  That is when you get in trouble spending too much.  Now when I add an item to the list I do compare and research reviews.  Not sure that is shopping.  If it is, I can live with that.  I have shopped like this for the last 15 years or more.  The thought of going to a brick and mortar store and looking for the item I need and 'fighting' the craziness of crowds has never been an attraction for me.  Even when I did that in the past, I always knew what I was going for, get it and get out.  I suppose most men are that way.  

'K' in decorating mode for the holidays.  'We' are in our third day of decorating. Not all day but parts of 3.  Oh she does a great job and I really like what she does.  But there is sooo much stuff for decorating.  We have multiple plastic totes full of Christmas decorations, not to mention the totes for Fall.  (there are only two of those I think).  They take up so much room.  I have a small storage shed that at least a third of it is totes of decorations stacked to the roof.  There are at least 8 totes of Christmas decorations.  She doesn't use them all.  It is stuff collected over the years and inherited.  I put her on notice that we need to get rid of most of it this year.  While it's up, she can see what she uses and look over the rest and discard the unused.  Who do you think will win that battle.  I hold out hope of at least getting rid of some.  Wish me luck.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm turkey'ed out too!

CenTexTim said...

The only people who put beans in chili are yankees and communists...