Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I Tried

Did you watch the"Presidential" debate last night.  I tried.  The wife was skeptical about watching it but she watched as long as I did.  I totaled maybe 5 minutes.  They were both talking over each other so much I couldn't tell what was being said.  So I don't have any feel for how it went.  In that short time, I did hear the so called moderator call out the President several times without doing the same to Biden.  Biden's insults were his only tactic that I could tell.  I have never seen those type insults in a debate before.  It was beyond childish and showed no respect for the office.  The President was boorish with his constant interruptions but Biden was nearly as bad in that short time.  We turned it off quickly.  I don't really know why they have these debates.  I don't believe they change anyone's mind.  They only hope the other guy will step on his tongue so the media can rip him apart later hoping to score with those undecided voters.  I don't understand how anyone can be undecided in this election at any point.  You are either for the constitution or against it.  Pretty simple.

I'm in and out of the house today.  Trying to trim some more trees while it's still cool.  The plan was to weed eat for maybe the last time this year/season.  Evidently my fuel has gone bad again.  Stabil is not working for me.  So I switched to trimming trees.  I will get some fuel in the next few days to finish the other chore.  Unfortunately that fuel will also go bad before I need it again in the Spring.  I will then have to find a way to dispose of it and start over.  Most likely I will forgo getting new fuel until next Spring and let the weed eating wait.  That's how I roll LOL.  Hey, I'm retired.  (But those tall grasses will be mocking me all that time.)

'K' is in full decorating mode.  She is switching over to Fall decor.  This goes on for several days.  She is very crafty and can do this sort of thing spectacularly.  At least it looks great to me, but I'm a guy so what do I know.  I found out that my compliments seems to mean that I want her to do this.  I like it, but I don't think it would hurt my feelings if she didn't do it.  It's a lot of work, or she makes it a lot of work.  We have Fall colored leaves all over 'inside' the house, even on picture frames and orange colored accent lights.  I just enjoy it and say the appropriate words.  

What's your take on the debate?  Will there be another after this fiasco?

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I gave up on that dumpster fire early... Wallace and Biden vs. Trump... sigh