Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday March 5, 2023

Things are still progressing with my Mother's things.  I still haven't found the title to her car despite looking through every bit of paper work I could find.  I did find Dad's will.  It also had a couple of Affidavits of Heirship the DMV required I learned about on my first fruitless trip there.  Yes there may be another.  However, Carmax says they can facilitate the sale of a car without a title.  I will see if what I have will work or head back to the DMV.  Ugh.  Not sure when I can get back over there, hope it's soon.

We brought my Mom's car to our house yesterday to make room in her garage and have it to sell.  I can only park it outside.  Last night we were under severe thunderstorm warnings with much wind and the threat of very large hail.  We did get a little rain and very heavy winds (more branches down) but the really severe storms split and went North and South of us.  Thankful that no damage was incurred to her car.   

Mom is still pretty stressed.  Extra care is needed, walking on egg shells basically.  We are all worn out.  The girls have handled most of this and it is telling on them now.  Many tears have been shed.   

Monday I had to get a tire repaired.  The third time in less than a year.  After three patches, it will require a new tire.  Well guess what.  Another screw in the same tire yesterday.  I have an appointment to get that done today at Discount Tire.  They have repaired that thing for free every time.  Now I will buy from them.  And wow those things have jumped about a 100$ per tire from the last time I bought tire.  There is a lot of road and home construction in this area.  Apparently there are no clean streets around here, at all.  I will have to run into town to get this done and come back out during the Friday rush hour which is much worse than any of the other days.  

'K' is over at Mom's apartment again today trying to get her china cabinets se up with all her junk.  It's not junk to her but it is an issue for us.  She lost the key to one so I disabled the lock.  Now she worries someone will get into it and steal something.  Just another symptom of what we suspect.  We sought help/advice for dealing with this (I can't go into the embarrassing details) but it appears there isn't much to be done other than redirect her thoughts.   That doesn't help much.  We are trying to get her into a doctor on the grounds of her facility her specializes in gerontology and internal medicine.  Maybe he can help some.  

Starting Monday the two older Grandkids will come stay with us for three days.  Just something else to deal with along with everything else.  Hopefully we can get a little help from them when we head over to Mom's.  We don't get to spend much time with them like we did when they were much younger so we look forward to it.  Keeping teenagers entertained that long of a time is a real challenge for us at this age.  

I am keeping a positive and attitude and try to encourage the others as best I can.  

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Prayers that things 'smooth out' a bit. And good luck with the tire(s)!

Randy said...

Old NFO thank you