Monday, March 20, 2023

Finally a Car Title-but not in hand

I finally managed to get the title to my Mother's car transferred to my name.  Unfortunately I won't get a copy for 3-4 weeks.  I had hoped they would print me a new one and I would be good to go.  Then I could take it to be sold the next day.  So now it sits in my driveway gathering oak pollen.  It has sat so long the battery needed to be recharged.  I will try to at least start it and let it run a few times a week to keep it charged up.  After doing some checking and talking with a friend that works at a car dealership in finance, Carmax is the best place to take a car to sell outright.  Hopefully there will be no delay with the title and I can get it out of our way.  

Mom, has had some good days lately, but the memory issues and some other things continue to crop up.  Another visit to that new doctor to get results of blood tests this week and maybe some new meds to help her will happen.  He said he could at least prevent progression of some issues.  I also hope more time getting used to where she now lives and releaving some of the stress of moving and being in an unfamiliar place will help.  She was surprised to find out other residents still had their cars and went places.  It was her argument to want her car to go and do things.  She didn't do that much going and doing before she moved here.  It's just the idea of having that thought of independence.  We assured her she wouldn't be able to find her way around the area especially with all the new construction nearly everywhere and how different things look every few weeks, not with just the highways but the massive growth in the area.  That seemed to satisfy her for the moment.  She got lost once in her own area where she lived her entire life but she denies that ever happened.  

We are one week away from the 'garage sale' at her house.  All the leftover furniture items and electronics have been sold now.  Mostly to family and the family that plans to rent the house.  They also asked about any left over items.  We planned to donate to any organization that would agree to pick up.  They offered to take everything and they would donate to their church benevolence program.  Whatever makes it easier for us.  I think all we have to do is box it or move it all to the garage area.  

I'm sorry if I have repeated other posts.  There is so much going on and I have not taken the time to verify what I have written previously.  I'm doing good just to post anything at all.  My back has also gotten quite a bit better although I did stay home from church again.  Those pews most always aggravate something in my back neck. I have nearly reduced completely my need for Ibuprofen but still wear a brace for anything upright.  Mostly just soreness and stiffness remains.  Walking Costco took a toll so I was pretty tired and sore from that.  A little at a time and not doing something stupid to aggravate it again is the key.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Understood. Losing the car equals 'losing' their independence, and a realization that they are now dependant on others. NOT a good feeling for someone who has been independent for XX years!