Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Feeling the Pressure (Tuesday Afternnoon)

I have been very busy the last week and into this one.  Hence the later than usual post.  Being busy is usually a good thing but I am feeling pressured by others.  We are trying to wrap up getting my Mother's house ready for a garage sale that we hope will get rid of most of what's left and that's not much.  Most of it's clothes, lots of clothes.  Both my Mother's and my Dad's.  She just hasn't been able to let go of his things.  Whatever doesn't sell will be donated somewhere.  We hope to a place that can haul it off.  

I am handling the disposal of my Mother's car.  We finally convinced her that she shouldn't be driving anymore.  I've got an estimate based on the Kelly Blue Book and Carmax even made an offer online that's in line with the estimate.  Simple right?  We can't find the title.  OK, apply for a replacement.  Again, no big deal other than spending almost 2 hours waiting in line to get it done and striking out.  I had all the documents they listed online and then some.  However, no one knew who was listed on the title as owner.  So I was prepared with a death certificate for my Father and a power of attorney.  Since Dad has passed they wanted to know if he had a Will.  Yes, but we didn't go to probate.  So everything I had was useless without a signed and notarized Affidavit of Heirship.  Not listed anywhere that I found on the website.  So I am going to make an extra effort to find her copy of the title.  Not sure that will be any good either with my Dad's name still on it.  I'll see about the Heirship thing and see how that goes.  Or find a copy of his will but since we didn't go to probate...

Mom's house has a deposit from a renter already.  Got it a week ago.  April 1 is the move in day. I understand the feeling of getting it all done in time.  So I am rearranging my brain to get with the program so we can move on from this stuff.  

I found a place online that sells onion bulbs.  They are here in Texas and the ones I got are the 10/15 sweet onions.  I couldn't find ANY onion bulbs anywhere here.  We are just barely still in the last part of planting for them.  Of course I assume the heat will determine if they will be successful.  Next will be potatoes again.  Earlier this time.  Hopefully that will help too.  I have to find some tomatoes.  It's much earlier than I usually plant tomatoes.  And I have a feeling a late frost is very likely.  But I do want them in the ground earlier this year than last.  Maybe mid March will be OK.  HEB usually carries them.  I don't buy them there, it just tells me my usual place is likely to have them too.  So I will keep my eyes open.

We did go out for our usual birthday steak dinner last night.  Mine wasn't as good as usual, 'K's' was great.  I wasn't very good company due to feeling the pressure I mentioned, and we were both beat so celebrating the 70th (I can't say 'K's' age)was a flop.  Can I get a do over and just be 69 one more year?

I'm sure there's tons more I could tell you but my mind is pretty much pudding now.  So I will sign off.

Happy Trails













we 

No comments: