Monday, March 27, 2023

Garage/Estate Sale is History

We had the garage sale for my Mother's remaining things this past Saturday.  Things went very well.  Lots of customers and we were able to unload a lot of her things.  Not a lot was made monetarily unless you count the furniture that was sold beforehand.  Then it was very good.  Today 'K' and my sister-in-law and maybe my brother are back over there packing up the left overs to donate.  I will head over later if they are still at it when I finish with the pest control guy.  

I also was able to find a neighbor that will come to your house and either fix your lawnmower or haul it to his shop.  Mine died Friday and I was not able to get it started.  He thinks it's a bad carburetor.  

We are looking for a little down time this week since our time won't be consumed by finishing with Mom's things.  I will most likely spend it working in the yard some more.  The high winds we had last week knocked some more big limbs down that were broken during the past ice storm.  There are still a few big ones up high I can't get to.  I will just wait on those too.  I have to cut those downed limbs up to dispose of what can't become firewood.  There are a lot of leaves that need to be addressed from all that along with the usual Spring loss that Oaks have.  I hope to also pick up some tomato plants and get them in the ground, most likely today if I am not needed at Mom's.  

The stress of Mom's thoughts being all over the map is telling.  That and the frustration of not being able to make her understand wears us out.  I don't want some of the anger I have seen ruin the so many good years we had with her.  Trying to stay positive and remind others this is not the real person we knew and loved.  Just a shadow of what once was.  I'm sure I fail.

My Brother and I shared a lot of our thoughts about the future and we seem to be pretty much on the same page.  I don't foresee any issues I have seen with families squabbling after a loved one passes.  Those things can tear a family apart.  

Happy Trails

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad it went fairly well, and prayers for y'all as you deal with the situation!

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thank you, it could be worse

CenTexTim said...

"...this is not the real person we knew and loved."

That's the mantra that got us through Mom's struggle with dementia. Stay positive.

Randy said...

CenTexTim-Thank you, we are trying