Monday, April 3, 2023

Our 'Off Week' LOL

It was a fairly busy week this past week.  Just catching up with things that had been left undone since we were so involved with my Mother's garage sale.  I grilled a couple ribeyes for 'K' and I to celebrate.  Three steaks and we got 3 meals out of them.  I believe they were better than my favorite steak house we usually go to to celebrate.  Even though they were expensive I think we got our money's worth.

April 1 Mom's house was move in day for the renters.  No going back like she threatened once or twice.  Actually this past week has been pretty good for her.  It seems she is getting better adjusted and is wanting to get more involved.  She has not been following the doctors orders on her new meds though.  She read the insert and thinks she knows better than her doctor about what she needs.  He wanted to wean her off valium onto this new med before having her memory test.  Now that is delayed.  She has always been a somewhat difficult patient.  

Thanks to those that have offered prayers and encouraging comments on our dealings with my Mother.  It is much appreciated.  

I have the title to my Mother's car in hand and have made an appointment with Carmax for Monday. I will be glad to get that thing out of the driveway.  I will need to clean it up a bit first.  I don't think it has ever been vacuumed out so I will get that done and stop at the car wash on the way to Carmax.  

I was trying to cut the back yard and the lawnmower just quit.  No sputter, no cough just dead.  Yet it would crank.  I managed to find a neighbor on FB that does mobile repair.  Perfect since I have no way to transport a lawn tractor.  He showed up the same day I called him.  Couldn't quick fix it like he thought so hauled it home to work on it in his shop.  Turns out the carburetor needed to be replaced.  Now it runs better than it did when I first got it.  Got the yard cut just after he dropped it off.

This is getting long so I will save the rest for a possible midweek post.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good to hear you're getting things under control!