Monday, October 31, 2022

It Was a LONG Week

'K' has been sick with a respiratory infection since last Wednesday.  It really messes with things when that happens.  Groceries were running low too.  My cooking skills were being challenged with many of my regular things missing key ingredients which would only be solved by a trip to the grocer, which I had not been looking forward to.  But she had gotten a video doctor visit and he prescribed her some meds that I would need to pick up-at the grocer anyway. 

Also, things were needed if I was going to be able to cook a few things.  Wouldn't you know it, the store had reshuffled their aisles.  The changes were made but they hadn't changed the signs at the end of the aisle that told you what was there.  That messed up my list so I had trouble finding things.  I left without a few things since my list was messed up.  I had to make a return trip lol.  Let me explain my list.  I had learned shopping from 'K' telling me what we needed and me forgetting half.  Then she would write it down.  Well that was a real trip.  What ever came to mind she just listed it in the order she thought of it.  Not a good way in this giant store.  It's one of the top 2 or 3 in size in Texas when it was built about 10 years ago.  I was wandering all over the place.  I would get to one side and then have to backtrack to the other due to how the list was written.  My mind works so much differently than hers, so I made the lists from then on.  I listed everything in order to where it was located in the store.  Start on one side or the other and follow the list through the store.  It also keeps you from buying things you don't really need.  Obsessive?  Maybe so.  I just think it's more efficient and I don't wander around near as much until they mess it up every 6 months or so.  They call it marketing.  I call it something else.  I also left a pair of my reader glasses in a case in one of the carts.  Not sure I will make a trip back for that.  

Anyway 'K' is finally starting to feel a little better but she is now coughing so much I am afraid she it going to cough up something she may still need.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch, yeah, changing the stores IS a PITA when you just finally figured out where things 'were'... Hopefully, K is better soon!

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks, she is getting there.