Monday, October 24, 2022

The Never Ending Project

It's finally complete.  Woohoo.  Painting the exterior of the house is now off the Honey Do list.  The 3 year part time project is over!  I did get some help from a friend that has a much taller/nicer ladder than what I have.  Still wasn't quite tall enough for the highest spot but he rigged up and extension to the roller and paint brush and got it done while I pretty much stood around.  I was actually busy painting the lower parts I could reach while he did that, or before he got here.  I am still pretty sore from all the up and down ladder climbing.  Especially my calves and feet.  Oh my.  His help made sure it got done in two days and no one was injured falling off my make shift scaffold which will now be disposed of.  I am so very thankful for his help.  And we actually had a good time. 

Now on to other Honey Do projects like the yearly trimming of the whiskers on the Oak trees.  Then my garage will get a major overhaul.  My plan is to get rid of tons of stuff I have been a pack rat with.  That means some things may get tossed I may need later...you know how that goes.  There is just no room to really do anything I want to do in there and everything gets lost.  And someone else thinks that when there is no room for her stuff, just set it somewhere in the garage-that has no room.  Ugh.  We just have to get in the mindset to toss it.  That's easy for 'K,' when it's my stuff lol.  She has a whole wall of things left over from her jewelry business.  I have been after her for years to thin it down.  Her craft room is even worse.  She hasn't been ready to think she is finally done with it.  She does fiddle with stuff on occasion by making a piece of jewelry for someone as a gift.  It's gonna be tough to get her to change her mind.

HAPPY TRAILS



1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yay for getting the painting done! And safely even!!! Good luck with the garage... sigh