Monday, October 3, 2022

Busy Days and Great Weather

I have been trying to knock out more things on the Honey Do List, taking advantage of this great weather.  I've gotten past some of the harder painting.  Some of it included me having to climb on the roof and lay down on my back to paint under the eaves.  I would say I have about 3/4 complete now.  It should go pretty fast from here.  The only hiccup are the two highest peaks of the roof and the areas there that need to be painted.  I don't have any ladders that tall.  I have done it before, multiple times, the last being 15 years ago by my estimation.  I used a home made scaffold with two ladders on the very top (high-about 8') and managed to reach those areas.  Now, this much later in life, I find I am not as stable up there as I used to be.  I've fallen off one of those ladders before and broke a bunch of stuff.  Don't want that to happen again at this point in my life.  But I think I may have it figured out with an extension and a couple rollers.  Once I get this finished I won't be doing it again if I live long enough.  And yes, I am very sore and have been all week.  By the way, CBD oil apparently is working for me.

I took down a small Hackberry tree that was growing between my fence and the neighbors along with a lot of other undergrowth.  The previous owners of the house next door placed a fence right up next to mine.  They never said anything (like I did with mine) just did it and I am left fighting all the grass and hackberries that grow up in there.  They never saw it as they built a privacy fence.  Out of site out of mind I guess.  I actually had to cut my fence to get at that junk.  But it's gone now and it will get treated with plenty of herbicide.  

It's getting closer and closer for our mini road trip.  I got a new battery put in the vehicle we will be going in.  It left 'K' stranded the other day.  She got it jumped and home without further incident.  I had one of the portable battery pack jumpers but it was dead too.  It had been in the car a couple years.  I will remember to check the charge on it ever so often now.  I thought that Lithium battery would hold a charge longer than that.  It did, but not enough to start an SUV.  Glad that dead battery didn't happen on our trip.  I just had the car serviced last month and they checked the battery and it was good to go.  It just didn't have enough amps to turn over.  Anyway, we are both chomping at the bit to get out and about for a bit.  Now if 'K' can relax enough leaving the dogs alone for a few days (for the most part).

Happy Trail

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy getting away, and there comes a time when you just pay the man to do that high painting... Just sayin...

Randy said...

Old NFO-it's hard to do that when you have done it all yourself forever. But I know the next time will be done by someone else.